Cohunu Koala Park is the perfect day out for families, international visitors, animal lovers and anyone wanting to get more involved with the fauna and flora native to Australia. Come and meet a Koala and learn all about the iconic animal and its other furry friends!
Come and Learn about Everyone's Favourite Aussie Icon
The Cohunu Koala Park koala colony was established in 1982, when its first 4 koalas arrived from South Australia. It now boasts more than 25 koalas in its colony, usually increasing by 4 baby joeys each year.
Cohunu Koala Park is located just a short 40-minute drive, south-west from the Perth CBD. The park is situated on a picturesque, fourteen hectares of natural Australian bushland; the perfect destination for a day escape away from the hustle and bustle of Perth city.
Things to do at Cohunu Koala Park
- Explore the park at your own pace, discovering Australian fauna and flora as you go
- Hand feed the friendly kangaroos, wallabies and other wildlife
- Have a chat with the park parrot
- Visit the gift shop and browse the locally made products
- Ride the Safari Train
- Visit the animal kingdom and make friends with the emus, wallabies, owls, dingos and deers.
- Learn about Australian fauna at the Pioneer Steam Museum
- Gaze into outer space at the Deep Space Observatory
- Cuddle a koala and have your photo taken
- Don’t forget to bring your camera to snap photos as you make your way around the park
Cuddle a Koala
Cohunu Koala Park is Western Australia’s only wildlife park that allows you to pick up and cuddle one of their loveable, furry friends. For just $30 you can have a cuddle and a photo taken with the star of the park, the perfect souvenir to remember the perfect day.